Safe Room Features
Safe Room Features
All safe rooms and above ground tornado shelters are not built the same! Supercell Shelters™ safe room features are second-to-none. Our units are superior, from the quality and thickness of the steel we use all the way to coat of paint that protects each unit from wear and corrosion.
- We engineer and construct each unit to exceed FEMA’s 320/361 design and construction guidance for residential and community shelters.
- Our units are tested by Texas Tech Wind Science and Engineering Research Center and pass F5 tornado debris tests.
- Door opens to the inside to prevent entrapment.
- The 4×6 Model weighs over 2700 lbs.
- The 5×8 Model weighs over 3600 lbs.
- Supercell Shelters are purposely “overbuilt” to protect you and your family.
- Two Solid bent 1/4″ walls with a single solid welded seamless design for the strongest structural strength available
- Full One Piece 1/4″ Seamless Floor (carpeted) ads to structural integrity
- Full One Piece 1/4″ Seamless Roof adds to the structural integrity
- Leak Proof – Our Solid Welded Seamless Design provides no leak paths for water to enter the shelter.
- Since we have our own complete fabrication shop allows us to build shelters stronger and better for our customers.
CUSTOMIZED ANCHORING SYSTEM
- ONE SIZES DOES NOT FIT ALL! The Anchoring of Shelter is just as important as the structural design IF NOT MORE! Our safe room features a customized anchor system specifically engineered to match the exact thickness of slab. This provides you with the maximum protection available.
- We install anchors every 12″ along the inside walls of the shelter.
- If you want the most secure mounted shelter, choose the system that is actually engineered and designed for your concrete thickness!
- Typical installation is complete in 1-2 hours.
THE FINISHING TOUCHES!
Finish and Corrosion Protection:
- One coat of primer
- Two coats of highest quality industrial acrylic enamel paint (white)
- Custom colors available
- Over 300 lb. Vault type door reinforced with 4″ Structural “C” Channel
- Three Stainless Steel 1″ diameter locking pins with removable handles
- Three Heavy Duty barrel hinges w/grease fittings
- Drill proof and pick proof high security Medeco deadbold
- Our 5×8 Shelter also comes standard with Handicap Accessible Door
- Three large vents with louvers to protect against debris entry (Two vents are in the upper back corners with the third vent located in the lower portion of the door)
- Vent locations also create a natural air flow